Go directly to content

Registering birth, death, marriage and divorce

Lu  2322 U A  E »Μ£¼

Registering a birth

You need to register the birth of a child at the municipality within 3 days. You can either do this online or make an appointment.

Registering a death

The municipality also needs to be informed when someone in Groningen passed away. This is very often done by the mortician, but you can also do this yourself as a relative.

Marriage or registered partnership

If you want to get married or get a registered partnership in Groningen, you need to inform the municipality.

Registering a divorce

If you are getting a divorce, you need to report this within 6 months to the municipality where your marriage was registered.