Below you can find useful information that can help you in case you are in need of help or support.
- Emergencies: The emergency number for the Netherlands is 112. You can call this number if you urgently need to contact the police, fire brigade or an ambulance. Here you can find more information about what to do in different kinds of emergencies and what to do when there is an urgent problem.
- Mental health: If you are in need of mental healthcare, there are many different ways to get the right help and support. Read more about mental healthcare.
- Health matters: In case you are having problems with your health, you need to go to a General Practitioner. To read more about the General Practitioner, hospitals and medication, have a look at this article.
- Sexual health: If you are concerned about your sexual health, have a look here to see where you can go for help.
- International offices:
Both the Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen and the University of Groningen have an international office that can help international students make their transition to Groningen as smooth as possible. They can assist you with your application procedure and can provide a lot of practical information. Read more about the international offices.
- Legal support:
Since there are many law students in Groningen, there are a couple of organisations where students can help you with free legal advice. You can for example go to:
Het juridisch spreekuur
If you need professional legal advice, have a look here for advise where to go. Read more about legal procedures in the Netherlands.
- Online and offline support in Groningen: Have a look at this list of places in Groningen that can offer you online and offline support with all kinds of problems.