Groningen has a lively start-up scene in key sectors. There are several access points to the scene; the most central ones are listed below.
- VentureLab is a business accelerator for startups and existing companies in the northern provinces. Students and employees of the University of Groningen may participate in the programme for reduced fees. It is located at Start-up City, part of Campus Groningen.
- A new platform for companies in Groningen is Founded in Groningen. They provide a listing of local companies but also organise events such as Start-up in Residence and Founder Talks.
- The Launch Cafe is a well-established start-up hub which also offer support for instance in obtaining a start-up visa.
- Campus Groningen is a real driver of innovation where entrepreneurs and companies work together with researchers and students. This use of knowledge brings new innovations to the market and makes new ideas emerge.
- The health Hub Roden is centered in the world of medical technology and healthy aging. Together with businesses, knowledge institutes and the government they work to improve the quality of life through innovation.
- Business Generator Groningen is a place where knowledge, research and business meets. The business Generator supports starting entrepreneurs and companies with, for example, strategy, development, planning, structuring and financial evaluations.
- If you are looking for start-up events, also have a look at the Meet-Up website.